Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome to St. Anne's Academy

Welcome to the Inaugural Year of St. Anne's Academy. We will be living, loving and learning at home.

The motto of our homeschool is "Educating for Eternity". And that is truly my goal - to help these precious gifts of God to get to heaven one day.

This will be where I recount our day to day learning. I hope I can share with others what works for us, what doesn't work, and be able to give something back to all of the women whom I've admired (and borrowed from!) for the past couple of years.

Brian and Sean will be entering Kindergarten together this year. One of the reasons I'm thrilled to be homeschooling is because it really does take into account each child's strengths and weaknesses. As I have mentioned on my blog, Sean can read and read well. But because his birthday falls in October, he would have to wait 2 more years to start school. I know there have to be rules, but that just seemed ridiculous to me. So, off to kindergarten they both go.

We will be following along the Serendipity path as the basis of our learning this year.

No comments: